Assistant Professor, The NorthCap University1
Post graduate student, The NorthCap University2
The urbanisation and modernisation has led to requirement of construction of high sky scrapers which are aesthetically eye pleasing with large column free space. The scope of present study is based on the effect of a G+10 multi storey building with and without floating column at ground, third, sixth, ninth floor roof under seismic excitation for medium soil under consideration. The dynamic analysis is carried out for the entire project using STAAD PRO V8i and the comparison of various models is presented. Various arrangements and locations of floating column were analysed. The structure was analysed with different location of floating column namely, building with exterior floating column, building with floating columns in the interior and a building with a combination of floating column both in interior and exterior. It has been concluded that the building with internal floating column is the most preferred followed by combination of both internal and external floating column but in building with floating column in exteriors sides is least preferred.
1. Bandwal, N., Pande, A., Mendhe, V., and Yadav, A., To study seismic behaviour of RC Building with floating columns, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology Research, (2014), 3 (8), pp. 1593-1596.
2. Rohilla, I., Gupta, S.M., and Saini, B., Seismic response of multi-storey irregular building with floating column, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, (2015), 4 (3), pp. 506-518.
3. Bhensdadia, H. and Shah, S., Push over analysis of RC international, Journal of research in engineering and Technology, (2015), 4 (4), pp. 114-121.
4. Patil, U.P. and Hallur, S.S., Seismic analysis of G+5 framed structure with and without using floating columns using ETABS-2013 software, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, (2015), 2 (4), pp. 1482-1489.
5. Nautiyal, P., Akhtar, S. and Batham, G., Seismic response evaluation of RC frame building with floa-ting column considering different soil condition, International Journal of Current Engineering and Tech-nology, (2014), 4 (1), pp. 132-138.
6. Mundada, A.P. and Sawdatkar, S.G., Comparative seismic analysis of multi-storey building with floa-ting column and without floating column, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, (2015), 4 (5), pp. 3395-3400.
7. Malaviya, P. and Saurav, Comparative study of effect of floating column on the cost analysis of a structure designed on staad pro, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, (2015), 5 (5), pp. 22-34.
8. Srikanth M.K. and Yogeendra. R., Holebagilu, seismic response of complex buildings with floating columns of Zone II and Zone V, International Journal of Engineering Research-Online, (2014), Vol.2., Issue.4.